Skip to content
Wedding ceremonies, receptions, exhibitions, parties, barbeques, plays, meetings, banquets… we offer a majestic and truly rustic venue.
For spring to autumn use there are the impressive, enormous Long Barns. You can hire both together along with the garden and ancillary rooms. Licensed for marriage ceremonies for any number of guests up to 200 but suitable for smaller functions too. Having two huge barns at your disposal means the weather really doesn’t matter: there is space for eating and relaxing and space for partying too.
The gorgeous, cosy Old Barn is for year-round use. It is licensed for 60 at a ceremony, 100 for a party.
We hold few events at this historic location so that we can ensure each one is truly unique. Our trees, drapes and flowers create an unforgettable setting. If you would like to know more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
18th Century Barns
The barns were built in the early eighteenth century when grain prices rocketed during/after the Napoleonic Wars. They shot to fame when the children’s series Worzel Gummidge was filmed here in the late 1970s. Now the farm is owned by the not-for-profit Old Michelmersh Farm Trust: Rustic Barn Events helps facilitate events. Profits are used for the upkeep of these historic buildings.
For spring through autumn we offer:
- Full use of the two interlocking Long Barns, giving you adjoining locations for your ceremony/wedding breakfast/reception
- Both barns have a spectacular network of early eighteenth-century beams
- Both barns have stunning mood lighting on the beams, flood lighting for the floor and, after dark, very pretty starlight lasers on the roof
- There are additional rooms for the use of florists, caterers etc
- We are converting the stable block this winter into 5 WCs, a bridal room with WC and a registrar’s room
- Both barns are licensed for 200 at a wedding ceremony
- And either barn can take 200 for a buffet or up to 140 for a sit-down meal
- We are building a wedding terrace surrounded by trees and flowers for outdoor ceremonies
- There is a dance floor in Long Barn 1
- There is a small kitchen plus an additional Ladies/disabled WC and Gents WC in the adjacent Old Barn
- Field parking for up to 45 cars: we are expanding this
- Additional farmyard parking for disabled/infirm/immediate family: it can take 25 cars but 12-14 is best so that there are no cars in the photos
For use all year round but especially lovely for winter weddings and small parties:
- The Old Barn is a stunning and cosy venue for up to 60 at a ceremony. For a buffet or party there’s room for more. Lovely for a private lunch. For less than 14 guests, please consider the gorgeous Old Bull Pen
- Small kitchen, Ladies WC and Gents WC integral to Old Barn
- Further WCs, brides’ room with WC, registrars’ room to be built in the adjoining stable block before spring, 2019
- Field parking for 44+ cars for parking spring through autumn. Winter parking in the farmyard for up to 25 cars
Copyright © 2019 Rustic Barn Events | All Rights Reserved